Want to make high end products in a high growth environment for premier companies like Mercedes, Ferrari, SpaceX, and others? Come join AST’s 150 employees in making exciting products for the world’s leading companies.
Advanced Structural Technologies (AST) is an industry leading manufacturer of forged and flow formed products for the automotive, defense, aerospace and alternative energy markets. As a fully integrated contract manufacturing business, all process steps are completed on site in AST’s 100,000 sq. ft. facility.
AST is located in Oxnard California 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles and two miles from the Pacific Ocean and California’s Pacific Coast Highway.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to support / develop tooling concepts and implement into production.
- Develop, prepare, optimize and maintain related set-up and operation documentation.
- Ability to develop, document and implement a formal set-up reduction program.
- Ability to design and implement material handling systems to support manufacturing processes.
- Recommend and source new equipment and machinery purchases. Actively participate in the process through installation and until the machinery is put into production.
- Suggest and implement productivity improvements.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with automation
- Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Background in Tooling/Fixtures for CNC machining.
- Self Directed and able to manage multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a combination of education and experience.