Want to make high end products for premier companies like Mercedes, Ferrari, SpaceX, and others?
Advanced Structural Technologies (AST) is an industry leading manufacturer of forged and flow formed products for the automotive, defense, aerospace and alternative energy markets. As a fully integrated contract manufacturing business, all process steps are completed on site in AST’s 100,000 sq. ft. facility.
AST is located in Oxnard California, the “Gateway to California’s Central Coast”, located 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 2 miles from the Pacific Ocean and California’s Pacific Coast Highway.
Responsible for generating CNC Lathe programs for production as well as tooling. Also supporting the production machine shop with complete, accurate and cycle-efficient CNC programming which meets all customer and companies’ quality, productivity and safety requirements.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, prepares, optimizes, and maintains CNC Lathe programs.
- Develop a concept for machining & set up on the machine.
- Develops, prepares, optimizes, and maintains related Set-up and operation documents.
- Records and maintains the established processes to ensure only authorized and documented changes are made.
- Drives continuous improvement in programming and manufacturing.
- Ability to run his/her own programs on the machine for first article.
- Seeks professional growth and advancement through continued education.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret product drawings, technical requirements, customer specifications, and program code for major CNC machine controllers.
- Ability to develop manufacturing process sequences and prepare efficient CNC programs using Mastercam and/or other CAM systems.
- Ability to develop new tooling concepts and implement them into production.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with machine operators, peers, and management.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive, and act with minimal oversight/direct supervision.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma and at least five years related industry experience and/or technical training.
- Two year degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Technology is highly desirable, but not required.